Monday 26 February 2018

Charlie's end game

I know I have been very quiet lately, but today I would like to address Charlie's rescuer  in the hope that she continues to read updates of Charlie through this blog.

For 15 months Charlie battled hyperthyroidism and kidney disease and for a while he was doing very well with 6 weekly vet visits, blood tests, a new diet and medications.

Unfortunately, over the last 3 weeks, he lost weight drastically, despite his normal appetite and the results of his last blood test (taken last week) were as bad as it could get with his kidneys.

Yesterday, on the 25th February, he had a seizure.

I was there with him, I held him and I cried with him. The seizure lasted about 30 seconds.

We've just returned from the vet's and the prognosis is not good, in so far as the vet said she would be extremely surprised if he lasted this time next week.

Currently his heart rate is 100 beats per minute.

Charlie turned 16 on the 6th January 2018.

We would have celebrated 10 years together in April 2018.

He's just eaten 3 sachets of his food and is now resting.

I just want you to know. He is loved more than I can convey. And he is breaking my heart.



Charlie over the weekend 24 - 25th February 2018.



No comments: